Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Overnight with Grandma and Grandpa Emmick

... and not with Mommy and Daddy! Joe and I went to Chicago on Friday. We arrived at separate times since Joe had business at the lunch hour and after and the Grandparents came to pick up Mr. Will at 10 am. I headed off to the Big City around noon. I have to admit that driving without a car companion was odd to say the least. I had two hours without arguing or compromising on the music in the car or if we were "on the highway" as a method of requesting to put the window down. I cruised through and by 2:10pm I was happily walking down State Street to stop in P.O.S.H Chicago, and on to Oak Street to do a little shopping! It was a beautiful afternoon and I truly did enjoy moving at my own pace!

Will had been happy to go with Grandma and Grandpa, waving and shouting, "bye, bye... see you 'morrow, Mommy!" as they left. I managed to wait until just before Joe and I went out for dinner to call to check on him. I had to leave a message. Phone rang ten minutes later and a slightly tearful voice told me really he was fine and had been to McDonald's for dinner. By the time we hung up the phone he was hapily playing chase with Grandpa in the background.

Called again on Saturday morning to find Will finishing breakfast and providing a concert of song in the kitchen. They were going to leave for the "Bands and Barbeque Fest" and miniture horse show, both of which were HUGE hits! Joe and I went to the Wabash v. University of Chicago football game (WIN!!!) and then headed home with a stop for dinner in West Lafayette at Nine irish Brothers!

Will was waiting at the back door for us to arrive. Hugs and kisses all around. He had a great time tellling up about his weekend and showing us pictures Grandma had on her camera. We continue to hear snippets of activities. Apparently, riding in the front seat of Grandpa's "big, big, big truck!" was a favorite as well as a hayride around a "punkin" patch. It was a great weekend. he is still exhausted and I would guess that Grandma and Grandpa are too... time to relax... until tomorrow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment